We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Super thrifting







Today Hayley had a grandpa/grandaughter "date". She loves going places with my dad and hanging out. I think it's because he pretty much lets her do whatever she wants! They went to the movies to see a John Wayne movie...they show them at the Galaxy Theater in Monroe once a month or so. For some crazy, unexplained reason she loves watching John Wayne movies which is right up my dad's alley (and Grandpa Dan's too). Then they went to Costco, where I am sure she talked him into buying tons of snacks for her and Molly at the office. It reminds me of the time that my Mom had flown to Washington (back when we still lived in Fairbanks) for a Doll Convention. My dad and I decided that my moms idea of grocery shopping sucked and we headed off to the "Hub" grocery store which back in the day you could find just about anything in the world and the grocery carts were almost twice as wide as a normal grocery cart. I believe on that shopping trip my dad would quote me as saying "this is what I call shopping!"



Anyways they had a good time, despite Hayleys ongoing cough/cold.



Molly on the other hand could have attended two different birthday parties today (one for friend Anna who is 6, and one for best friend Sierra who is turning 8), but Molly is super worried about Mark leaving for 3 weeks. She absolutely adores Dad and could sit for hours with him in his recliner watching Sportscenter on ESPN. You know you love Mark a ton when you can stomach that channel for hours on end ha ha.



While the girls were having their "dates" my mom and I decided to hit the thrift stores. We were like two junkies over all the goodies we saw and purchased. A couple of my favorites are the old piglet (1960's era) which I picked up for $1.00, yes only a buck. I have the Winnie the Pooh to go with him which cost me a wee bit more than a dollar. My mom also found me a magnetic/black wood board that has the name of my blog painted across the top. How perfect is that? I found a few good books for Molly and a super cute Paul Frank Julius the monkey bathing suit which was a huge hit in her eyes! My mom bought Hayley 2 signed Lucy and Me prints which I told her to put away for a birthday gift. Hayley has taken on my childhood collection of Lucy and Me bears. We found tons of other stuff and I am so appreciative of my mom treating me to a thrift store extravaganza today. I think we have both been a little stir crazy of late.



This past week I also decorated for Valentines day. I NEVER decorate for this "holiday", but I have the cutest pink tree and purchased some red heart ornaments with a gift card to hang on it.



And finally...the big news: Mark got accepted to Engineering School. I am very excited for him and that is why he will be gone to Kansas City for three weeks. He will have some more training back in Seattle and then to wrap it up at the end of his 20? weeks he will go back to Kansas City for two final weeks. I know he will do awesome!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Congrats to Mark! I know you will miss him, but this is great in the long run. Let me know if you want to hang while he is away.

Blog Archive