We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

I love old fashioned things






We just got back today from visiting my grandparents over in Moses Lake.

Not everyone knows this, but my grandma and her twin sister are sewers to the bone. They used to own a fabric store many years ago, and they sew on a weekly basis for their church, family, etc. My grandma has an extensive supply of fabrics and all things sewing. Sewing will be her legacy according to her! I was so surprised this weekend when she chose to pass some of her "goodies" on to me and my girls. My grandma is not selfish with her things, she just has never given her sewing items away. She said how happy she is that I am taking up this hobby (my mom hates sewing) and that is why she wanted to give me some of her things.

She gave me enough ric-rack to last a lifetime as well as many other items. Here are a few pictures.

No comments:

Blog Archive