We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

a staple for anyones personal library

Hayley purchased this handbook for girls with her Barnes and Noble gift card. It has so much useful information in it, I wished it had been on my Christmas wish list. I talks about all sorts of things like how to make a God's eye ( I made many in the summer I stayed with my grandparents), how to double dutch, a section on royalty, and the list goes on and on. It really brought back a lot of childhood memories, and made me reflect on how our children don't really have the opportunity to go out and explore for hours on end, without us checking in on them constantly. My cousins and I spent many hours each day, riding our bikes up and down the gravel road we lived on, or went across the road into the woods to build forts, or dig up treasures. In the winter we would play out for hours clearing our own skating rinks on the lake or sledding. I barely remember having contact with our parents, other than to demand lunch or a snack. Those were some of the best times I ever had! I wonder if the old swing set is still 3/4 buried across the street from my cousins old log house. Old times, not forgotten.

2 comments:

rose said...

we were SO on the same wave length last night, jen!
i seriously love this book. i'm going to get the boys version too.

Anonymous said...

yes i want these too! i'm glad to hear a good review..i'm going tonight to get them!!! :)

Blog Archive