We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

sun, glorious sun

I used to think that only "old" people talked about the weather. It seemed to be all they talked about. How cold it is, how hot it is...how they have to water the plants, mow the grass, etc. etc.
Now I am officially putting myself into that category. I am super sick of cold weather, wet mushy roads and kids being cooped up. This weekend we got the best weather here in the Puget Sound and we surely took advantage of it!
Yesterday Mark and I took the girls up to the beach in Everett. It is easy to get to and the trail is paved, but every time we go we maybe run into a handful of people and sometimes none at all. When the tide is out the beach is excellent there. Plus Hayley can bring her bike if she wants to and ride with ease. We love it there and it will be a great place to hang out when the weather is nice this summer.
Today, we opened the windows and the slider and let the fresh air sweep through our home. I love those first days of nice weather when you can have the windows open. It makes everything in your bones feel like summer is on it's way! The girls and I took a walk and enjoyed the people driving by with their music blasting. We sat outside at Dairy Queen and ate Blizzards in the warm air. Then we walked back home and Hayley baked and decorated a cake all on her own. She is really getting quite handy in the kitchen and will make a wonderful chef some day!
Now the kids are in bed and Mark is on his way home from Wenatchee. I'd love to steal away with him tommorow for a motorcycle ride because the weather is supposed to be gorgeous again and the kids will be back in school. Hmmmm...we'll see (smile).

No comments:

Blog Archive