We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

it's so easy

Often Mark would say I have wierd musical taste. When I was little my Dad would always sing Buddy Holly songs, or a song called "Chantilly Lace" by the Big Bopper. So it is easy to say that I love old music, partly because of my dad. Buddy Holly has always been a huge favorite of mine.
Today I read this article and am sad to remember the death of three musicians who impacted the music world in many ways. Right now we are listing to Buddy Holly's "every day" which was also on the Stand By Me soundtrack (one of my all time favorite movies) and the girls love it.
Ritchie Valens, who also died in the plane crash with Buddy Holly, is another singer who I like. When the La Bamba movie came out I think my friend Tanya and I watched it like 17 times or something. We were in middle school at the time, so that can partly explain the crazy watch a movie over and over again syndrome we had!

No comments:

Blog Archive