We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Doing what oprah tells me to do!

So the joke in our house is that I do whatever Oprah tells me to do. I don't really, it just seems that way. Often she has some really great shows, and has featured a lot of wonderful books in her book club. I have always loved to read, Mark loves to read and it shows in our house by how many books we have and how much our children love to read. I can't say that I have read every book ever picked for the Oprah book club, but it is pretty darn close. I did however have some trouble deciding if I was going to read the newest book A New Earth . As a general rule I loathe "self-help" books. But I have heard a lot of buzz about it and have seen a few people who have chose to read it, so I decided to give it the once over while I was in Barnes and Noble the other day. After reading the back and a couple of pages of the first chapter I decided to give it a try.
Turns out I love it! Today I took a chance and decided to get online to take the class (they are offered every monday-one chapter a week) even though it was on chapter 4, and I am still on chapter one. So the class went a little over an hour, and much of what was discussed really hit home with me, which was shocking. It is no secret that I am struggling with the kids lately in the patience department and certain "attitude" problems with our oldest. It will be a real test to see if I can take some of what I learned today and start applying it in my every day life. I can't wait to read more, and go back and take the classes on the other chapters. Best of all, the online classes are free! Here's to looking at things from a different perspective, and for more calmness in our house.

1 comment:

IAHH said...

I got my book a Costco today and I am going to start in on it tonight :) yes.. I CAN read, Ha! Ha!

Blog Archive