We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

from the depths of chaos...

We are all still alive here, contrary to popular belief!

Life has been more than hectic. And it continues to be so but I wanted to rub it in to you all that my girlfriends (plus two husbands) are going to go see the palest comedian alive this Saturday. Yup, you guessed it "did I just eat this, or rub it all over my face?" Jim Gaffigan. He is hilarious, and I can't wait to see him live! Plus dinner at the Palomino in Seattle is not too shabby either.

Mark and I used to go there every year for our anniversary...what the heck happened to this tradition?

Anyways, the kids are doing great, Hayley had an excellent conference-she is doing better than we could ever expect in all areas, and the surprise was her beginning of the year math test. Her teacher said she had the highest score in the class. We are super proud, especially because this is not her strong area in school.
Molly's conference was great too! Her teacher wants her tested for the challenge program, and she is far beyond her second grade classmates (for those who don't know she is in the 1st/2nd split class). Testing is in January I believe. I'll keep you posted.

Hayley also is one of a few district wide students who are being honored for their "my favorite book" posters made a couple of weeks ago. Her poster is on display at the public library right now. We don't mean to brag...but our kids are AWESOME! Makes you feel like you are doing something right every now and then (amongst all the trauma we cause by having rules...yuck! ha ha).

I will try to post more often, but don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Blog Archive