We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

30 lashes

Ok, I know I have been a bad blogger. It has been one of those moments in life, where you feel almost as if you are spinning out of control. In life, I have been organized challenged, but have been working my you-know-what off to change that! Yesterday I broke down and purchased a planner, it is oh so cute, and I plan to use it until it falls apart! Anyone who knows me, will find it odd that I am using a planner, but here's to teaching an old dog new tricks huh?
Now I can keep track of all the many things that have been happening in our lives.

Update on us:
The girls are doing well in school. Molly's teacher asked me to help out a little bit more in the classroom, so of course I said yes. On Halloween we will be decorating cookies, and along with that the kids will be "purchasing" the items they need for their cookies with play money. This will be fun, and a challenge to the students to identify coins and count out their value.

Hayley is reading a ton again. She sort of fell out of that in the summer, but her teacher says she is reading a lot in class. And that Smartboard that they have? It is really cool. I got to observe the kids working on a number chart the other day, and at curriculum night Hayley's teacher went over some of the different things it can do. Totally cool for third graders. I noticed that not one kid was apprehensive about getting up in front of the class to use it. Remember the days when we dreaded "public speaking" or anything else that would put us on the spot?

Called grandma today. I can't even hardly talk about how angry I am at Grandpa's previous doctor (the last time he went through radiation for his cancer), who basically left my grandparents in the dark and DID NOT DO HIS JOB. Grandpa will be back to the doctor at the end of the month, his P.S.A. level is higher than originally thought and they will be doing a bone scan to see if the cancer has spread anymore. Grandma sounds stressed, but is really happy with the new doctor. At least he is taking the time to treat my grandpa like a real person with real medical history! We are over there this weekend to spend some time with them again.

Along with the million other things I have taken on (school projects, scrapbooking, starting an etsy shop, etc.) I am back with this great company . I hope you can take the time to check it out! Very cool stuff, and very much a family oriented company.

Give a shout out to my b.f.f. rose over here tommorow (the 10th) is her birthday.

1 comment:

rose said...

:)
you are the best!
and the blog is lookin' good!!!!

Blog Archive