We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy 4th of July

I can't believe that tommorow is the 4th of July already! This year is really flying by...I know a corny thing to say, but TRUE. We are off to some friends tommorow who live just off of Martha Lake. There should be a spectacular fireworks display at the lake, and lots of good eats!
Over the years we have had a few different things we have done on the fourth like camping, going to Erin and Alan's, but some of the funniest memories are those spent with my Dad and his never-ending supply of fireworks he keeps in the garage. He loves going up to "Boom City" in Marysville, Washington to try and haggle the best deal on fireworks. He even took Hayley and Molly up there this year, and Hayley came home telling me all about which booths were the best deals!
What are some of your favorite 4th traditions?

2 comments:

rose said...

watching your dad's fireworks displays are always great because you never know what to expect.

but remember last year when we didn't have any good fireworks (sparklers, pop-its and snakes that looked like poop don't really count as good fireworks, do they?) so mark lit the garbage on fire in the middle of the street for some excitement? too funny. if you have the pic, you should post it.

Jenny + Mark = Love said...

I forgot about that! Let it be said that I am not the only one who has lit something on fire! I will look in my picture archives to see if I can locate that picture.

Blog Archive