We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Friday, June 29, 2007

upselling gone crazy

A while back my friend Rose was shopping at this store and the cashier, despite the fact that Rose was not purchasing anything Harry Potter related, tried to upsell her the book that people are predicting the end of the Harry Potter series in. I apologize for not having the title of the book here, but I am sure if you are dying to waste money, you will be able to locate it at your favorite retail book store. I love books, but if I want to try and predict the ending of a book, I will do it on my own and not waste good book purchasing money on something so ridiculous! Shortly after that shopping experience, Rose and I were in that bookstore purchasing a couple of things, when the cashier randomly started talking about this stuffed duck and how cute it was....Rose and I are looking at each other like huh?
So what is with these upsells? It is a little annoying!
Now, I love the Harry Potter series as much as the next guy...or rather as much as the next 979,484 people! But seriously folks, a book predicting the ending? Cuh-razy!
And have you checked out the Muggle counter at Amazon? They are counting the pre-sale of the last book in the series. Makes you wish you had bought stock in Amazon years ago!

3 comments:

rose said...

the book was called: mugglenet.com's what will happen in harry potter 7

the stupidest thing ever! no thanks, i will WAIT to read it when the real book comes out

even dumber that b&n tried to upsell us on it.

and don't even get us started with the albertson's bonus buy crap!

MaraMay said...

Hey Jenny! Here's a link to where Adrienne sells her buttons , but they sell as soon as they go up so ya gotta be quick! :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5133519

I don't think there are any right now, but check back soon she updates regularly! Good luck and I hope you get some. They rock!

IAHH said...

Can I intrest you in the extreme value buy today? I am soooooo glad I don't have to deal with that anymore!!

Blog Archive