We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

not so lazy 5 days of vacation









We are home, safe and sound. I say this because we have been gone to Eastern Wa. for the last 5 days and on the way home today on Hwy 2 in Baring I watched a guy and his passenger, who were riding a motorcycle, dump their motorcycle on the Hwy and proceed to roll towards my lane! I actually did not even know he had a passenger until we pulled over and I ran back to see if he was hurt. Mark was a couple of cars behind me driving his motorcycle, and had also (along with an e.m.t and various other people) pulled over. He never saw the accident happen. Thankfully they seemed to be ok by the time the ambulance got there, at least no major injuries. I can't even say it was really their fault, although by law they are probably at fault. I saw a vehicle 2 or 3 in front of them, make a quick right turn onto a side road, causing all vehicles behind to hit the brakes, causing this motorcyle to make a quick stop which is never good.




Anyways, we had a good trip. Weds was off to Moses Lake to see the grandparents. My cousin came over the next day with her 3 kids (2 of whom I have never seen) and we had a great time just hanging out and letting the kids play. It was very hot out, so we got a bucket of water and sponges and the kids played for over an hour "drawing" and scrubbing the cement driveway. I enjoyed seeing Nikki, I have not seen her in about 3 years? She just had another boy in April who is a doll. He smiles all the time and does this funny eyebrow raising thing when you talk to him. He reminds me so much of Nikki as a child.




Friday we left and headed to my brothers cabin in Plain. The girls and I spent Friday night there alone and then Saturday Jamie, and my two nieces and nephew came over. Mark also got to come over because he had some unexpected time off from work. We took the boat out to Lake Wenatchee (better known to us as the lake that is really trying to be an ocean!) to do some inner-tubing. If I did not know better, I would say that this is the windiest day ever at Lake Wenatchee. We took all of the kids, two adults and one dog out on the lake, proceeded to try and sink the boat by taking on waaaaayyy too much water and decided to call it quits. Harley, our 3 year old nephew said it all by this quote..."Dad, this isn't fun anymore." Couldn't have said it better. The kids went out swimming a bit in the water until I think they could not stand the cold wind anymore.




All in all it was fun. My mom and Dad came over Saturday evening. My sister-in-law drove over Sunday morning and early afternoon we went in to Smallwoods to the petting zoo and to drop a mint on delicious peaches, the petting zoo, milkshakes, and the cow/tractor ride. Kathy and I also sampled some of the best wine! I tried rhubarb and she tried pomegranate. I can't wait to purchase a bottle of the rhubarb. They were out this time.




So glad to be home to sleep in my own bed. The kids start art camp tommorow, so I have two hours to myself each morning. What ever shall I do?




1 comment:

Kelley said...

Glad to hear Mark and you are okay. Lee is seriously thinking of getting a motorcycle and I'm freaked out about it. You'll have to tell me all about Mark's and convince me they are safe.

Blog Archive