We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas




This Christmas was really great. Saturday we went to Stanwood to spend time with our "dddogpppound" group. All of us girls made homemade gifts for each other. I must say that T's coconut salt scrub is nothing short of divine! Thanks to all my girls for the awesome gifts. Christmas eve was spent at my parents house. Grandpa and Grandma made the trek over the pass, it is good to spend time with them while they are still able. My brothers wedding is getting close too, so it was nice to spend time with my almost sis-in-law, who I love and is going to go with the other 6 of us on our scrapbook retreat to Plain, Washington.
Mark was able to stay home from work, contrary to popular missconception of what Conductors lives are like, the railroad held trains for about 24 hours so employees could be home with their families. And it must be said that since taking this new job (he is nearing a one year anniversary with the new craft) he has been able to be home a lot more, without sacrificing pay! So as I have said many a time before, he has the BEST job with the BEST company! This year was a "big" gift year for Mark and I both. I decided to purchase him a P.S.P. so he can take it with him on the train. I am not a video game player, other than pac-man, but this thing is soooo crystal clear. I feel like I am on a Nascar track in real life...well other than the fact that I burned up the engine in my car in less than a minute. Like I said, I am not a gamer.
Mark really surprised me with one of these little goodies and I just got done loading my first 50 songs. This is really going to help my productivity at work to have some decent music to listen to! Thanks Mark, I love ya!

We went to Renton today with other family (Mark's grandparents on his Mom's side) and it snowed like mad. The girls were thrilled...me NOT SO MUCH when I have to drive down this super steep hill to get to the freeway. It was good to see everyone again despite the snow. Finally the girls and I went to my girlfriends house for dinner and she made this super delicious rice. You are a cook after all Rosarita! The chicken was good too even though the kids said otherwise. Really you can make this a regular thing.

Now I am off to watch some t.v. and put my Nano to bed before I run the battery down.

We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

2 comments:

rose said...

rice-a-roni. the san francisco treat.
i'm losing it. :)

rose said...

ok. talk about horrible pictures!!!!
you forgot to make a comment that in this picture i'm trying to look like dwight. but failing miserably.

Blog Archive