We're what Willis was talkin' about

lynnwood, Washington
This is the story of me and them... the people and things I love!!! I have a rockin' husband and two super smart kids. Life is good.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

School's out for the summer...well almost





Can you feel it in the air? The sun was out today, in fact it got blazin' hot out while I was helping out with field day at the girls school. I have a heck of a sunburned face and neck, but it was worth it! First half of the day was spent with the 1st-3rd graders. Then it was off to a taco feed in Hayley's class, put on by another mom. It was great! I was about to leave to come home to do some scrapbooking, when I got asked to fill in a spot at the 4th-6th grade portion of field day. Let me just mention here that the older kids have a lot less "politeness" about them, than the younger kids, but it was still fun. Ever had a kid try to trick you just for another Otter Pop? Ok, that may say something about how hot it got today. Anyways the highlight of my day was the Teacher vs. 6th grade kickball game. I love that the teachers and principal do this. Then to top the day off, there was a pie eating contest. I took a few pictures to show you how awesome it turned out. I was a bit worried at first that it would be a little "Stand by me" (for those of you who have not seen that movie, well, you are missing out). All in all, I would volunteer again in a heart beat. When the kids come up and say thanks it makes it all worth while.

No comments:

Blog Archive